WARSAW, Poland. July 17 (PSN) – The Poland women’s national team coach Wojciech Basiuk on Friday announced his 18 players called up for the upcoming Balaton Cup.
The exhibition tournament will take place on August 1-3 in Hungary.
On August 1st in Balatonfured the WNT will play with Belarus. Afterwards, depending on the result in the second match the bialo-czerwoni will face off against Hungary or Slovakia.
Poland has previously in the past played in the Balaton Cup. In 2013, the women took second place, beating the Czechs in the semifinals and later succumbing to Slovakia in the final.
The Polki return from the 2015 Summer Universiade in South Korea, where they lost 4:1 to Mexico in the match for fourth place.
Call ups for 2015 Balaton Cup:
1. Daria Antończyk (AZS PWSZ Wałbrzych)
2. Anna Zapała (AZS UJ Kraków)
3. Evelyn Niciński (Bucknell University Athletic’s)
4. Agata Guściora (GKS Górnik Łęczna)
5. Anna Palińska (KKP Bydgoszcz)
6. Ewelina Kamczyk (KKPK Medyk Konin)
7. Jagoda Szewczuk (KKPK Medyk Konin)
8. Sylwia Matysik (KKPK Medyk Konin)
9. Nikol Kaletka (KKS Czarni Sosnowiec)
10. Linda Dudek (KS GOSiRki Piaseczno)
11. Dominika Dereń (KS AZS Wrocław)
12. Agata Sobkowicz (LKS Rolnik B. Głogówek)
13. Madison Solow (Throttur Reykjavik)
14. Karolina Koch (TS Mitech Żywiec)
15. Anna Rędzia (UKS SMS Łódź)
16. Kinga Kurek (UKS SMS Łódź)
17. Martyna Wiankowska (UKS SMS Łódź)
18. Marta Mika (Zagłębie Lubin S.A.)
For breaking stories and all the great banter like us on Facebook: facebook.com/psnfutbol